Here is a recap from the NA3HL Draft on April 23, 2020.
– Jack Nei (F) – 1st round – 7th overall – Cretin-Derham Hall HS, MN – Jack is a crafty, skilled forward who can make plays but also has a knack for scoring goals. He had a huge senior season for CDH, putting up 21 goals and 44 points his senior year and added 6 points in 2 games in the section playoffs.
– Jake McClenahan (F) – 1st round – 12th overall – Minnehaha Academy/North St. Paul HS, MN – Jake brings a ton of physicality with a big frame (6’2″ 223 lbs) to go along with a lot of offensive ability. He had a great senior year for Minnehaha Academy/North St. Paul, tallying 30 points in 25 games.
– Landon Frost (F) – 2nd round – 43rd overall – Marshall HS, MN – A three-year varsity player for Marshall HS, Landon was a captain his senior year after posting 28 points in 24 games his junior season. Unfortunately, injuries hampered his senior season, but he is fully recovered and ready for a huge bounce-back year.
– Dominik Caspers (G) – 3rd round – 93rd overall – Marshall HS, MN – Another great Marshall HS player, goaltender Dominik Caspers is extremely athletic and posted a staggering 1.77 GAA and .930 save percentage his senior year at Marshall to go along with an impressive .911 save percentage in the extremely competitive MN High School Elite League.
– Jack Willis (F) – 4th round – 106th overall – Chanhassen HS, MN – Jack was the leading scorer of his Chanhassen HS team this past season in his senior year and possesses quick hands and great vision. He is a point-per-game guy who can distribute the puck as well as score goals, putting up double-digit points in back to back years at Chanhassen to go along with 14 points in 16 games in the MN High Performance League.
– Liam Massie (F) – 4th round – 123rd overall – Ontario Avalanche – Liam is a California kid with a big body (6’2″ 187 lbs) and a ton of junior experience who can also light the lamp. He’s spent the last two seasons in the WSHL playing for the Ontario Avalanche where he put up 31 points in ’18-’19 and 43 points in ’19-’20.
The Willmar Warhawks would like to congratulate Brandon Holt, ’99 from Madison Heights, MI, for committing to Northland College to further his education and hockey career.
Holt, who played here for the past 3 seasons, including the last two as team captain, put up nearly a point a game during his NA3HL career. In 127 games, he scored 47 goals and added 76 assists, amassing 121 points to go along with his modest 24 penalty minutes. That’s a great accomplishment in the West Division of the NA3HL, playing in Willmar against the best competition each week.
Brandon is known around Willmar as someone who is as good a person off the ice as he is an athlete on it. He garnered a lot of respect the past 3 seasons in Willmar. Holt is grateful for his time with the Warhawks “I want to say thank you to the Willmar Warhawks organization and Willmar Community for all their support over the last three seasons!”
Northland College plays NCAA Division 3 Hockey out of the WIAC in Wisconsin. It is one of the toughest divisions in all of NCAA-3 men’s hockey. “I think Holt will do well at Northland,” Head Coach Kirk Olimb said. “He should be able to play right away. They are an up-and-coming program.”
That competition should be no stranger to Holt, after grinding through his time in the Minnesota winters, battling with Granite City, North Iowa, New Ulm and Alexandria on a regular basis. “Brandon Holt spent his time building his game the right way,” Associate Head Coach Mike Bowman added. “He is fundamentally sound, can play in any situation, and that will translate into opportunities at the next level. He just has to adjust to the speed of the game and size/maturity of the players, and he’ll continue to do well.”
We are looking for big things out of Holt, and wish him the best of luck with his academic and athletic endeavors at Northland College!
Congratulations to Warhawks Right Winger Josh Hoffman (Pittsburgh, PA), who has committed to further his education and play ACHA Divison I Hockey next year at the University of Jamestown, in Jamestown, ND.
Hoffman, in his 3rd season of junior hockey, split time between Rochester and Willmar. He has scored 9 goals along with 10 assists, for a 19-point total in just 30 games.
Come on out one final weekend to see Josh and the boys in action, Friday and Saturday at the Willmar Civic Center. Puck drops at 7:30 pm!
With the Warhawks tied with Alexandria in points for the fourth and final playoff spot in the West Division, things are really heating up. What a deal for fans this weekend, as the Warhawks host the Breezy Point North Stars in a Friday/Saturday doubleheader.
What a weekend, sweetheart! Buy one-Get one free ticket offer on Valentines Day (Friday Night) For couples only! Saturday is Kensington Bank Night, where the first 100 fans through the gates will receive a Kensington Bank / Willmar Warhawks Beanie! Saturday will also be your chance to skate with the Warhawks after the game!
1000 Degrees Pizza Salad Wings of Willmar Party Deck Tickets available for both games, Little Crow Golf Resort Beverage Zone and Rambow Merchandise shed open both nights. Also enjoy Little Caesars and other refreshments at the concession stand!
Gates open 45 minutes prior to Puck Drop. Tickets available at the gate!
The Willmar Warhawks host the Breezy Point North Stars at 7:30 pm on Friday and 2:30 pm on Sunday, sandwiched around a trip to Alexandria on Saturday evening. Tickets are available for both games at the gate.
There will be an autograph session following the game on Sunday afternoon. Bring or purchase your favorite Warhawks merchandise to be signed!
The Warhawks are chasing the Alexandria Blizzard for the final playoff spot in the West Division. You won’t want to miss all the action this weekend!