The Willmar WarHawks are looking to fill the position of head coach for the 2023-2024 NA3HL season and beyond. Interested candidates can reach out to Nate Schueller, Director of Operations or Connor White, General Manger via email and include cover letter and resume for consideration. Details are as follows:
The Head Coach is responsible for, but not limited to, the development, leadership, and administration of the Willmar WarHawks hockey team. This includes recruiting qualified players for a competitive team within the NA3HL, practice organization and supervision, game scheduling, budget oversight, player development, and positive community relations.
- Train WarHawks hockey team for NA3HL competition at a competitive level both within the conference and nationally;
- Develop and implement annual, seasonal, monthly, weekly, and daily plans for practice and player development.
- Develop and implement successful game plan.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of ice hockey training and coaching techniques.
- Supervise the training, development, and work of all staff personnel.
- Schedule facilities as needed with the Director of Operations and General Manager for Facilities.
- Provide an opportunity for annual evaluations with players.
- Attend all staff meetings and division/league meetings.
- Ensure that all practices are conducted in a professional manner according to WarHawks and NA3HL requirements.
- Recruit and evaluate high school athletes, both domestically and internationally, within NA3HL guidelines with the General Manager.
- Recruit, retain, and monitor players.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise official and unofficial visits of prospective players with the General Manager.
- Develop and manage recruiting database.
- Maintain and have thorough knowledge of NA3HL, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Adhere and assist in the development of the WarHawks budget along with the General Manager.
- Adhere to organization procedures relative to purchasing and travel expenditures along with the General Manager.
- Assist with the coordination of team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals along with the General Manager.
- Develop sponsorship programs to augment operations budget.
- Participation with outside community centered activities for players and coaches under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Head coaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coach players at the scholastic or collegiate level is preferred.
- Previous playing experience preferred, along with an understanding of NA3HL, rules, and regulations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and the understanding and ability to apply and instruct sport-specific skills, techniques, and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit qualified players at the NA3HL level successfully.
- Ability to identify and accomplish professional development opportunities for self.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.